Atlético de Madrid will host Lokomotiv Moscow on Thursday, 8 March, at 7 p.m. CET in the Wanda Metropolitano. Check out the must-read stats for the match.
- This will be the second time Atleti face Lokomotiv Moscow and the first time the Spanish club host the Russian side.
- Atlético de Madrid played Russian teams nine times with a balance of five wins, two draws and two losses.
- Lokomotiv Moscow played Spanish teams 13 times with a balance of two wins, two draws and nine losses.
- The Rojiblancos qualified for the Europa League Round of 16 after eliminating FC Copenhagen. On the other hand, Lokomotiv qualified after knocking out Nice.
- Lokomotiv have only lost one of their last nine away matches in the Europa League.
- Atleti have lift the Europa League two times (seasons 2009-2010 and 2011-2012).
- This is Lokomotiv’s first-ever participation in the UEFA Europa League Round of 16.
- Last season, Atlético de Madrid beat Rostov, another Russian team, twice: 0-1 and 2-1.
- Atlético have won five straight matches in the Wanda Metropolitano.
WITH INFORMATION OF ATLÉTICO DE MADRID