Ansu Fati is certainly one of the most talked-about names in Spanish football at the moment. The 17-year-old has already broken a whole host of records and the football world is longing to see more.
- The 17-year-old, whose full name is Anssumane Fati Vieira, was born on 31 October 2002 in Bissau, (Guinea-Bissau).
- Fati's first team in Spain was CDF Herrera in the province of Seville. As he told a well-known national media outlet, at the end of summer 2009, he showed up on the Herrera pitch barefoot and in swimming shorts. Both the coach and his new teammates were immediately bedazzled by his silky skills.
- In 2010, he joined Sevilla FC, where he stayed for two years before signing for FC Barcelona and the rest, as they say, is history.
- On 13 December 2015, he broke his right tibia and fibula during a match with the Barça U13 A team against Espanyol, which kept him on the sidelines for ten months.
- The player's records include: being the youngest player in Barcelona history to make his first-team debut (16 years and 298 days) and the youngest goalscorer for Barcelona in LaLiga (his first professional goal was on 31 August 2019 against CA Osasuna at El Sadar). He is also the third-youngest goalscorer in LaLiga history behind Fabrice Olinga and Iker Muniain.