Barcelona keep on adding to their list of historical wins at Real Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu, especially during the last decade. Since they won 6-2 there in 2008-09, the Catalans have picked up 10 wins in 10 years at the home of their Clasico rivals.
The last decade has seen 17 Clasicos played at the Bernabeu and Barça have won 10 of them. The most recent arrived on Wednesday, as a Luis Suarez brace and a Raphael Varane own goal earned the Blaugrana a 3-0 win and sent them into the Copa del Rey final. In the remaining games, there have been three draws and just four Madrid wins.
Barça have scored 39 goals at the Bernabeu in the last 10 years, while Madrid have netted just 22 times. Barça only failed to score once: in the second leg of the Super Cup in 2017, when they lost 2-0. In contrast, Madrid have failed to find the net on five occasions now.
In all of these games, Barça have been able to count on 15 different goalscorers, which just so happens to be the number of goals Messi has scored in the games, too. Madrid, meanwhile, have had 11 different scorers and their top marksman is Karim Benzema, with six.
Following Wednesday's win, Barça have qualified for the Copa final for the sixth successive season. They have won it in the last four years. On May 25th, they will have the chance to win it for the 31st time.
Barça could further increase their hegemony in Madrid on Saturday, when the two teams meet in the league at the Bernabeu.
- 2-6 (02-05-2009. Season 2008/09) – Liga
- 0-2 (10-04-2010. Season 2009/10) – Liga
- 0-2 (27-04-2011. Season 2010/11) – Champions league
- 1-3 (10-12-2011. Season 2011/12) – Liga
- 1-2 (18-01-2012. Season 2011/12) – Copa del Rey
- 3-4 (23-03-2013. Season 2013/14) – Liga
- 0-4 (21-11-2015. Season 2015/16) – Liga
- 2-3 (23-04-2017. Season 2016/17) – Liga
- 0-3 (23-12-2017. Season 2017/18) – Liga
- 0-3 (27-02-2019. Season 2018/19) – Copa del Rey
Source: Sport / Jordi Delgado